Nutrient Dense Green Smoothie
Short on time? Just keep these fruits in the freezer regularly and whip up breakfast fast. Then sit down and chew your smoothie! NOTE: When using this recipe I recommend varying your greens (try kale, chard, etc.). Spinach is the most palatable of the greens and a good place to start but if you eat it constantly it can have some adverse affects. Vary your food choices instead of relying on the exact same menus. Remember, everything in moderation.
- Bunch Fresh Spinach
- 1 - 1 and 1/2 fresh bananas frozen overnight
- 1/2 Pear, fresh
- 2 Tbs Chia seeds, soaked for 5 minutes
- 1/2 c. water (or Coconut water)
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- (optional coconut mana or MCT oil)
- First, take the chia and let sit for 5 minutes in a glass with water just covering them.
- They provide a thick consistency to your smoothie that can make it feel like ice cream!
- Then toss a big bunch of spinach, pear and the remainder of the ingredients into the blender.
- Whip and enjoy!
- I find the chia along with the olive oil (or MCT oil or coconut mana) help satiate me more than most smoothies found at the local smoothie shop.
Your Health Path http://www.yourhealthpath.com/