Pumpkin Smoothie Custard
It's not really a custard but it sure feels as decadent as one. It's more of a smoothie consistency but just a plain old "smoothie" didn't do it justice so it got both names! 🙂
Write a review
- 1 Sugar Pumpkin (or "pumpkin pie" pumpkin)
- 1 can Native Forest Unsweetened Organic coconut milk (use only the solid part for this recipe after it's refrigerated overnight)
- Cinnamon, to taste (I just eyeball it. I tend to like lots of cinnamon!)
- Pumpkin pie spice, I like the Frontier Coop brand
- Dash stevia to taste for sweetening
- Cook the sugar pumpkin in the oven just like any other favorite squash, 400-degrees for approx 45 minutes with a little coconut oil.
- Scoop out pumpkin, you can eat it while it's hot as a side dish to dinner and put the remainder in the refrigerator for the next day.
- The next day, take the pumpkin meat and add to high powered blender.
- Add in solid portion of the Native Forest Unsweetened Organic coconut milk
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well
- Enjoy this healthy and delicious treat... I guess technically it's vegan even though I didn't set out with that in mind. My goal is to eat real food as much as possible. There's no refined sugar and you're eating veggies as a desert, who knew?! It's delish!
Your Health Path http://www.yourhealthpath.com/